Tuesday 12 April 2011

Today's Positive Affirmation

"I am in tune with my own body"


Being in tune with my own body means that I only listen to external cues of physical hunger. I no longer deal with my emotional problems to combat sadness of depression. I eat when I am hunger, when I am not I don't eat...

My newest technique for combating this and the obsessive thoughts over food is whenever it comes up in my mind I have a particular thing that i switch into my mind to concentrate on. I chose photography because it is a hobby that I really want to get back into this summer and now with so much more time on my hands since I know longer am to be obsessive over my thoughts of food and weight I will have time to do so. So every time I think of food, I just opt to change my concentration over to photography. I believe that if I practice this enough the obsessive thoughts will begin to disappear.

Update from last night. So at the dessert place I was trying to choose a dessert and I actually for once chose the one I wanted over the one that was healthier. It was a mint chocolate chip sundae..mmmm... and I actually was satisfied because it was what I wanted rather than the safer vanilla ice cream with strawberries.

On another great note I think me and my friend are going to the travel agency today to get information on our trip to Cuba that we want to take in June. Normally this would send me into a panic attack as all the components of a vacation is a nightmare to a person with an eating disorder...restaurant food, bathing suits, possibly no time to work out, little opportunity for isolation. I think this is the perfect thing for me...It would be a week to escape all my eating disorder rituals as  I won't engage in them in front of people....I am honestly really excited for this....

anyways off to yoga now...mands out!

No comments:

Post a Comment